It’s hard to stay on top of all the tax deductions you’re allowed to take.
According to H&R Block, these are some of the most often overlooked tax write-offs.
Click to view details regarding each tax deduction:
- Loss from a Natural Disaster
- Moving expenses associated with moving to a new job location
- Medical expenses
- Out-of-pocket job expenses
- Tuition & fees for higher education
- Home office expenses
- Charitable contributions including these little-known secrets (View all charitable contributions according to the IRS.)
- Hybrid vehicles
- Car donated to charity
- Work uniforms
- Some gifts
- Miscellaneous expenses including safe deposit box fees, certain legal fees, etc.
photo credit: StockMonkeys.com
I like to help people find unique ways to do things in order to save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” ideas that most wouldn’t think of. As a lifelong dog owner, I often share my best tips for living with and training dogs. I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about. I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. You can always find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).