This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
These days many people do, and it’s no wonder that some of us are confused about where our money is.
The good news is there are 3 things you can do to simplify your investment portfolio:
- Put all your investment accounts in a spreadsheet by asset class. Or use one of the free online tools on Vangard Group or Morningstar.
- When it makes sense, combine retirement accounts with your spouse.
- Update the beneficiary information on your insurance policies, retirement accounts, annuities, and estate planning documents such as wills.
Other Ways To Simplify Investments
Here are a few other great tips:
- Keep everything under one roof.
- Do a rollover.
- Invest funds automatically.
- Streamline your holdings.
- Bank through your brokerage.
- Dabble in real estate sparingly.
- Consider index funds.
- Dump the losers.
- Adopt a hands-off approach.
- Consolidate DRIP accounts.
Want to add a new investment to your portfolio? Have you been hearing about how gold is the best way to go? According to one coin enthusiast, silver may be a better investment.
My favorite things to write about are topics that have to do with pregnancy, weddings, saving money, living green, and life with dogs. When I’m not writing, I love to spend time with my husband, read, create 3D artwork and Native American beadwork.