These days many people do, and it’s no wonder that some of us are confused about where our money is.
The good news is there are 3 things you can do to simplify your investment portfolio:
- Put all your investment accounts in a spreadsheet by asset class. Or use one of the free online tools on Vangard Group or Morningstar.
- When it makes sense, combine retirement accounts with your spouse.
- Update the beneficiary information on your insurance policies, retirement accounts, annuities, and estate planning documents such as wills.
Other Ways To Simplify Investments
Here are a few other great tips:
- Keep everything under one roof.
- Do a rollover.
- Invest funds automatically.
- Streamline your holdings.
- Bank through your brokerage.
- Dabble in real estate sparingly.
- Consider index funds.
- Dump the losers.
- Adopt a hands-off approach.
- Consolidate DRIP accounts.
Want to add a new investment to your portfolio? Have you been hearing about how gold is the best way to go? According to one coin enthusiast, silver may be a better investment.
Some of my favorite things to write about are topics that have to do with living green, saving money, pregnancy, weddings, and dogs. When I’m not writing, I love to spend time with my husband, read, create 3D artwork and Native American beadwork.