We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
In reality, you’re betting that an accident is in your future, while the insurance company is placing their money on your good driving record. They’re very happy to take your money year after year, hoping that you never need to collect from them after a wreck.
Because of this sort of gambling aspect that’s associated with the insurance game, prices for coverage vary dramatically from one company to another. One company may be experiencing lower than usual claim rates in your area, and so they pass that savings on to their customers. The trick is to find that company when you’re searching for auto insurance quotes and sign on with them.
For example, after staying with the same auto insurance company for over 20 years in rural northern Minnesota when we moved just north of Dallas Texas, the same company wanted to charge us almost twice what a competitor offered for the same coverage.
It’s a must in today’s competitive market to shop around and find the best deal.
When you’re comparing auto insurance quotes, you have a couple options….
1. You can spend days making appointments and driving from one company to another to obtain auto insurance quotes.
2. You can tie up hours on your phone talking to various insurance salesmen hoping to collect comparable quotes.
3. Or you can sit down at the computer and, in a matter of minutes, you can narrow your options down to the point where you are confident that you’ve met your needs at the most reasonable price.
Here are some reasons why it makes sense to purchase auto insurance online.
Here are some of the companies that provide auto insurance quotes online, plus links to customers thoughts on the quality of service provided by these companies and how they were treated.
- Progressive – While some have received very timely response to a claim, others feel that Progressive is slow to pay on claims. Overall, 81% would recommend Progressive to a friend.
- GEICO – This company gets 4 out of 5 stars from over 800 reviewers who’ve purchased GEICO insurance, mostly for having the lowest prices.
- Allstate – They get a 78% approval rating Replies to this customer forum indicate the majority of those insured are quite pleased with Allstate’s service.
- State Farm – Overall, it appears that service is their strong suit. In some areas of the country, State Farm’s price can be a negative factor, but otherwise they get high marks. My own experience with State Farm echos these sentiments. Over 1,000 State Farm customers gave the company a 4-star rating.
- American Family Insurance – Judging from the number of customer reviews found online, American Family Insurance is not quite as popular as the above companies. Their rating comes in at 4 stars from just under 200 people.
- American Automobile Association – With a rating of 4 stars, AAA seems to rate high for their customer service.
These are just a few of the many auto insurance companies that provide online quotes for their products.
Without a doubt, online auto insurance quotes are definitely a valuable time-saving tool to help you narrow the field.
More About Auto Insurance Quotes
I’ve been involved in RVing for 50 years now — including camping, building, repairing, and even selling RVs. I’ve owned, used, and repaired almost every class and style of RV ever made. I do all of my own repair work. My other interests include cooking, living with an aging dog, and dealing with diabetic issues. If you can combine a grease monkey with a computer geek, throw in a touch of information nut and organization freak, combined with a little bit of storyteller, you’ve got a good idea of who I am.